HUGE WEEKEND AHEAD
Band Camp & First Performance on Sunday
BELIEVE IT or NOT...
the entire show will be put together on the field this weekend!
It’s time to get everybody on the field for lights, action, video, props, music, and dance!
Friday, Sept. 25: 3pm - 9pm
Saturday, Sept. 26: 9am - 9pm
Band Camp Reminders
- Be on time
- Dress in practice attire
- Bring sun protection & refillable water bottle
- Friday dinner & Saturday lunch/dinner/snacks will be provided
- This is a required rehearsal camp - no excuses!
First Music Performance! Sunday, September 27
OAE has been invited to perform at the Cathedral Fest 2015, a giant 50th Anniversary Celebration
- 4pm - Call time for OAE Members at Valley Christian. Arrive ready to put uniforms on! Load buses and depart for San Jose Muni Stadium
- Trailer will be staged on Alma Ave. near the West Entrance
- 6:20pm - Performance in front of the main stage
- Dress out of uniforms by the trailer
- Students may be checked out by parents at the trailer at conclusion of the performance
- Depart by bus
- 7:30pm - Approximate return to VCS and ready for pick up by parents
Visit http://www.cathedraloffaith.org/cathedralfest to catch the vision for this exciting event
in the San Jose Municipal Stadium, home of the San Jose Giants.
All band uniforms should be at home being cleaned by now. Return date is THIS WEEK - Thursday, September 24. Color guard uniforms and shoes have been ordered and will be distributed soon. If you have any questions please contact Lianne Rydquist firstname.lastname@example.org
We are preparing to reveal BELIEVE to our football crowd for the first time at Homecoming on Saturday, Oct. 3.
- An all-OAE rehearsal is set for Friday October 2 from 3 to 9pm; dinner will be provided.
- On Oct 3 - Homecoming Saturday - everyone returns at 11am to continue rehearsal for the evening performances. The OAE will perform during the pre-game festivities and then the halftime show of the Varsity game. Money for dinner at the Food Trucks will be provided.
Camp Chabot / Quest Classic Weekend - October 16 & 17
Breaking news! The OAE will be the first group ever to hold an overnighter at Chabot College in Hayward! Special permission has been obtained from the President of the College to allow us to hold our rehearsal camp October 16 & 17 on their campus. Along with Camp Chabot, we will be hosting the Quest Classic Band Competition on the evening of Saturday, October 17 at Chabot. Camp details will be provided soon. Be sure to say yes when you are contacted about volunteering for the Quest Classic.
Make Money With Quest Classic Ad Sales
How are the Quest Classic Ad Sales coming? Submissions must be received this week. Quest Classic Ad sales are for families looking to offset trip related expenses. 80% of the ads you sell will go toward your student’s travel costs.
Don't forget to purchase an ad or shout-out for your favorite student. Sections - get together and take a photo and order a section ad!
Need info or have questions? Contact Jean Hsu email@example.com
Bound for Indy!
All students should be signed up and making payments for our trip to Bands of America Grand Nationals November 11-15. Travel arrangements are provided by Music Travel Consultants. Visit vchsband.net for sign up details. We are chartering a plane for our group and there is room for parents to travel with us. While the seats are limited, we do have a good number available on a first come first served basis. If you wish to travel with the group please contact Maribeth Wiens asap. Tour package prices for double occupancy is $1,950, single occupancy is $2,500.
Do you want to purchase a 2015 OAE BELIEVE Field Show T-shirt? Pre-orders are being taken now. $16 for sizes small through extra large, XX $18. Send your order with payment in to Maribeth at firstname.lastname@example.org. Checks should be made payable to Valley Christian Schools (VCS). You don’t need to order one for your OAE student; they will receive one as part of their band fee.
The VCHS Schedule is here
Click the link above and type the school code "valleychristian" (all lowers) All calendar and email communications for OAE will be through the free Charms Office Assistant system. Log-in and make sure student and parent names, email addresses, cell phone numbers and cell phone carriers are accurate. (Cell phones will be used for text info while on trips)